Steady growth since 1854
The origins of Royal Polak Spices
Royal Polak Spices was founded as J.S. Polak Specerijenmaalderij b.v. in Steenwijk in 1854 by Dutchman Mr. Izak Salomon Polak. It soon became a household name in the Dutch bakery market. In the ‘60s, the company was handed over to Mr. J.J. Draaisma, who relocated it to Steenwijk’s industrial estate in 1973 and expanded its already strong market position, adding the first exports. In 1993, Draaisma passed the firm on to Jac Sars.