J.S Polak Specerijenmaalderij b.v.
We respect user privacy when someone visits our website and ensure that any personal information provided is treated in a confidential manner. The processing of personal data is done in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The definition of cookies
The term cookies refers to small text files that a website stores on a computer hard drive with every visit to that website. The most important application that cookies offer, is the ability to make a distinction between every different user.
1. Cookies applied to functional purposes
Cookies applied to functional purposes ensure that websites are able to operate properly. These cookies ensure that:
- Information is passed on from one page to another if, for example, you have to enter a lot of data,
- Video display settings (such as desired buffer size or resolution data) are saved,
- Browser settings for an ideal display for our website can be read,
- Pages on the website are loaded evenly, which allows the website to remain accessible,
- It is possible to respond to the website,
- It is determined which version of the website a visitor uses.
2. Statistics / Analysis
The information we collect provides us the opportunity to obtain relevant statistics. This data provides insight on visitor’s behavior regarding to the website. By analyzing this behavior, we can optimize the structure, navigation and content of the website to user preferences. The data is not traced back to individuals. These cookies ensure that:
- The number of visitors to a web page on this website is tracked,
- The duration of each visit is recorded,
- The order in which visitors visit pages is determined,
- It becomes easy to judge which parts of the website need adjustments.
3. Other / unforeseen cookies
It is possible that cookies from third parties are placed on this website outside of our awareness. If this website contains cookies that fall into this category, please contact us. Or contact the third party that is responsible for placing the cookies.
4. Browser settings